terms & conditions
Welcome to the official website for Girl Guides NSW & ACT. Access to and use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions: Please read these terms and conditions before using the Girl Guides NSW & ACT website.
1. Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which take effect on the date of use of the site.
2. Girl Guides NSW & ACT reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online under this section ‘Terms and Conditions’. Please check these Terms and Conditions periodically for changes. Your continued use of this site after changes have been posted constitutes acceptance of the modified terms.
3. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions in full, you must stop using this site immediately.
4. Copyright Restrictions: All rights reserved; no part of this website, including information, images, photos, logos, names and overall appearance of the site may be copied, republished, posted, broadcast or reproduced in any form whatsoever without the prior permission of the copyright holders except for your own personal or non-commercial use.
5. Trademarks: All trademarks, brand names, product names and titles and copyrights used in this site are trademarks, brand names or copyrights of their respective holders. No permission is given by Girl Guides NSW & ACT in respect of the use of any of them and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder’s rights.
6. Links to other websites: Any organization wishing to set up a link to this site must obtain official permission in writing from Girl Guides NSW & ACT. This website may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than Girl Guides NSW & ACT. Girl Guides NSW & ACT are not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the contents or use of these third party websites. Girl Guides NSW & ACT provides these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Girl Guides NSW & ACT of the linked website. You should refer to the policies posted by other websites regarding privacy and other topics before you use them. It is your responsibility to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of viruses or other items of a destructive nature.
7. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on any public area of this site will be treated as non-confidential and non- proprietary information unless otherwise stated by Girl Guides NSW & ACT. We reserve the right to remove without notice any material posted in any public area of the site. Also, we reserve the right to publish comments at our discretion.
9. Disclaimer: This site is published on an ‘as is’ and on an ‘is available’ basis and Girl Guides NSW & ACT makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties. In addition, Girl Guides NSW & ACT makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published on this site. The information contained on this site may contain technical and typographical errors. All liability of Girl Guides NSW & ACT however arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Neither Girl Guides NSW & ACT nor any of its trustees, employees or representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations in the clause is intended to limit any rights you may have under local law or other statutory rights which may not be excluded nor in any way exclude or limit Girl Guides NSW & ACT liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents. Girl Guides NSW & ACT does not warrant that functions contained in Girl Guides NSW & ACT content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Girl Guides NSW & ACT website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Indemnity In exchange for accepting the benefits you receive by accessing this website, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Girl Guides NSW & ACT, its trustees, employees, agents, and partners, from and against any claims, actions, or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, made by any third party due to or resulting from your use of the website, your violation of these Terms, or your violation of any laws, regulations, or third-party rights.
12. Girl Guides NSW & ACT reserve the right to prevent you accessing this site, without prejudice to any other rights, if we consider that you have contravened any of these Terms and Conditions.
11. Applicable Law and jurisdiction: These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Australia.
13. Any questions regarding this site should be sent to the Marketing & Communications Department at Girl Guides NSW & ACT.