Girl Guides NSW & ACT Survey Competition Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is Girl Guides NSW & ACT, (02) 8396 5200, Level 2, 55 Holt Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010.
3. This offer is only open to those individuals who are on the Girl Guides NSW & ACT distribution list and receive an invite to participate in the survey directly.
4. The competition commences at 12pm AEST, Wednesday 16 May 2018 and concludes at 5pm AEST, Wednesday 6 June 2018.
How to enter
5. To enter, the Girl Guide must answer the question in the survey, "For your chance to win one of 3 x $200 VISA GIFT CARDS, please tell us, in 50 words or less, who your female idol is, and why?” and the parent/carer must provide their name, email address and phone number.
6. Only one entry per email address is valid. Multiple completions of the survey will not equal multiple entries to the competition.
7. It is the responsibility of each eligible entrant to ensure that their details, including their phone number are correct.
8. The judging will take place at Girl Guides NSW & ACT, Suite 103, Level 2, 55 Holt Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010, before 5pm AEST, 22 June 2018.
9. The three (3) winning entries will be judged on creativity and is subject to the discretion of the judging panel.
10. The winners will be notified via email or telephone by Friday 22 June 2018.
11. If any of the prizes are not claimed by 5pm AEST on Friday 13 July 2018, the winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct further judging as necessary to distribute the prize(s).
12. If any redrawn prize is not claimed by 5pm AEST on Friday 27 July 2018 the prize(s) will be forfeited.
13. The judges' decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. All entries will be judged individually on merit. No correspondence will be entered into.
14. The three (3) entries deemed the most creative will each receive one (1) $200 VISA gift card.
15. The total prize pool is valued up to $600.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any eligible entrant where the Promoter believes that the entry or the entry process has been tampered with or where any entry has been submitted not in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any lost, late, misdirected claims or correspondence due to incorrect entrant information.
19. If the prize is unavailable, the Promoters, in their discretion, reserve the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without notice, to cancel, modify or suspend these terms and/or this promotion in whole or in part, including, but not limited to in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Promotion is compromised, subject to any written directions from the various lottery departments and without liability to the participant. The contact details of the winning entry may be passed onto a third party for prize notification and fulfilment.
21. The prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted except by the Promoter who may at their sole discretion, subject to the relevant state authorities, substitute any prize with one of comparable value if the advertised prize is or becomes unavailable for any reason.
22. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoters reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
23. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner (inc. photograph, film, and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited time without notice or remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition.
24. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using any prize.
25. By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Girl Guides NSW & ACT from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).