A Lone is a girl who wishes to be a Guide but is unable to attend regular meetings.
They participate in the Australian Guide Program the same as active Guides.
Unit Leaders email, phone and write to their Guides.
The Lone Guide meets with Guides in their own area of the state whenever possible to attend state events and get together for camps.
Reasons for becoming a Lone Guide:
- - Girls who live too far away from a Unit to attend meetings.
- - Absence of an active Guide Unit in local district.The place and time of the local unit meeting may not fit into her commitments.
- - Girls who require long-terms in hospital.
- - Girls who for many reasons are unable to interact socially with others.
- - Family restrictions.
- - Girls who attend boarding school.
- - Families which travel around whether it be overseas or in the country for work.