The Great Guide Sleepover 2018
Registrations are now open!
Get excited for one of the most highly anticipated Girl Guides NSW & ACT events. The first sleepover was held in 1996 on the steps of the Opera House to raise awareness and funds for homeless communities. Since then, the Sleepover has become an annual tradition, moving locations over the years but always funding a cause for the community. Now in its 23rd year we are returning to Taronga Zoo for an eventful evening of sleeping under the stars, Guiding, animals, movies, dancing and more.
It’s the 23rd Great Guide Sleepover.
It is once again open to Guides aged 10+ who are active members of a Guide Unit (not JGs).
Sally the Sea Turtle is our mascot this year.
Sequins, Smiles and Sea Turtles is the event’s slogan.
There will be fundraising. There will be prizes.
There will be bedrolls. There will be Guide Biscuits.
There will be the Guide Shop, there will be activities.
There will be a film, there will be a dance party.
There will be awesome fun of epic proportions.
WHO: Guides and Senior Guides age 10+
WHEN: Saturday 25 August 4PM - Sunday 26 August 9 AM
WHERE: Taronga Zoo, Mosman, NSW
TICKETS: (available Monday, July 9 - Monday, August 6 at 5pm)
• $110 Youth Ticket
• $75 Unit Leader Ticket
• $75 Adult Helper Ticket
NEW! Included in the ticket price this year
• Sausage Sizzle
• Seal Show (Sunday morning)
• Sunday entry to the Zoo
All ticket prices includes Zoo+ Catering + Administrative Sleepover cost at $65 for youth and $50 for adults and a tax deductible donation to Girl Guides NSW & ACT of $45 for youth and $25 for adults. Girl Guides Association of NSW is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) from 01 July 2000. It is covered by item 1 of the table in section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
Registrations will open 9 July at midday and close 6 August at 5pm.
Tickets are limited so get in early to avoid disappointment! The event is capped at 1000 attendees this year and we will be taking a wait list should tickets sell out.
NOTE: Registrations are only open to Guides in a Guide Unit aged 10+, Leaders and Adult Helpers. This is not a Junior Guide event! Bridging Junior Guides must have all paperwork submitted and approved by Tuesday 31 July.
REGISTRATION & REFUND POLICY:
You must be a current Member of Girl Guides NSW & ACT in good financial standing to attend. Please make sure your membership is current before registering and have your membership number available to sign up online.
There are no name changes or refunds after Monday, 6 August, 2018
All refund requests must be submitted to the Events Team via email to email@example.com.
Fundraising packets and information will be emailed directly you once you have signed up for the event.
New for 2018 the minimum fundraising requirement has been reduced to $45(youth) and $25(adult). This amount is now built into your Great Guide Sleepover ticket registration. This cost is tax deductible. Funds raised from this event go to support Girl Guides NSW & ACT and Taronga Conservation Society. Additional fundraising is optional but highly encouraged as Taronga Zoo is offering some exciting prizes for fundraisers and top fundraisers alike!
Fundraising prizes include the following:
• Plush turtle toy for any girl to raise over $50 (To be presented at Sleep out)
• Family pass to Taronga/Taronga Western Plains Zoo and an animal encounter for any girl that raises over $1000
• A VIP Behind-the-Scenes Animal Experience for up to 8+ people for the top performing Unit
• Roar & Snore for 4 people at Taronga Zoo for the top individual fundraiser (minimum $600+ raised)
All funds raised for prizes must be submitted via Grassrootz no later than 5pm on Monday 20 August. The fundraising portal will remain open through the event, however selections for top fundraising Units and Individuals will be done on August 20.
This year all fundraising will be collected through an online portal. Please register first to receive your fundraising information. All fundraising packets and additional information can be downloaded here under the Event Downloads.
Kit lists and additional information regarding the event will be sent out beginning the second week in August once registrations have closed. Check back then for a version to download from the website.
Event Downloads - Additional Links Coming Shortly
Please download the following for more event details and help with questions:
• Registration Information
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Event Flyer
• Fundraising Booklet
• Taronga Zoo Sea Turtle Fundraising Pack
• Grassrootz Step By Step
• Fundraising Flyer
• Fundraising Do's & Don'ts
• Fundraising Nametag
• Cheque Donation Form
Early Event Exits
If you need to leave the event early Saturday night or Sunday morning please indicate this while registering online.
There will be one early exit on Saturday night at 9pm and one early exit Sunday morning at 7am. Please plan accordingly to accommodate for these times as there will not be multiple exits at the event this year.
In additional to indicating early exit during registration please also send an email to the Events Team firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, member number, Unit you are attending with, and whether you will be exiting early either Saturday or Sunday. All requests must be made via email and not over the phone.
Free Public Transport
Transport for NSW has granted free public transport to Great Guide Sleepover event only.
Participants can travel to Taronga Zoo on Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink intercity and regional services, Sydney Ferries, Sydney Light Rail and Sydney metropolitan and outer-metropolitan bus services from Saturday 25 to Sunday 26 August 2017. Only TrainLink regional services may be accessed on Friday 24 August 2017 for travel to the event (economy class seats only).
All bookings must be made in advance prior to 24 August 2017 by:
• accessing on line bookings at https://transportnsw.info/regional Enter "GUIDE" in the Promotion Code field and do not select the "All passengers are from the same Household/Family" check box; or
• attending a NSW TrainLink sales outlet and presenting either official identification from Girl Guides NSW & ACT or a copy of this letter; or
• telephoning NSW TrainLink on 13 22 32.
Girl Guides and Girl Guide leaders will be required to wear their uniforms with the Girl Guide trefoil, and volunteers must present either official identification from Girl Guides NSW & ACT and a carry a copy of the Transport NSW Travel Pass.
Please Note: To ensure easy of travel to and from the event Bus travel is encouraged over Ferry travel to and from the event due to full capacity of the Ferry transport on the weekend service.
For questions, additional information, and registration issues email email@example.com or call 02 8396 5200.
Terms & Conditions:
• Attendees must be a minimum of 10 years old in a Guide Unit and be valid Member of Girl Guides NSW & ACT to attend this event. Girls age 9 and in a Guide Unit (not a Junior Guide Unit) are able to attend.
• Once Leaders & Girls registration fees have been paid a copy of the fundraising materials, the link to the online fundraising portal and additional information will be sent to the Unit or Guides.
• Fundraising a minimum of $10 per girl/adult in addition to the registration donation is optional but highly encouraged.
• Places are strictly limited and the event is usually full well before the closing date.
• Only Adult Members with current Leader Qualifications should attend unless adult non-Members are needed. All Adult Members must be part of a Unit and maintain an adult to girl ratio. If you are bringing adult non-members (females only) to bring with your Guides please register them by purchasing an Adult Helper Ticket. Interim Leaders can only attend if they are assisting fully Qualified Leaders.
• If you are using a bus to take your girls to the zoo, and the bus driver is male, he cannot stay overnight at Taronga Zoo.
• Membership must be current for all participants to be registered and to attend this event and will be checked.
• Following the registration cut-off date no refunds or name changes will be offered.
• If you need to leave Taronga Zoo early on Sunday or will be arriving late on Saturday night, please indicate at point of registration.