On 27 March 2019 members of Girl Guides NSW & ACT voted on a motion to amend the Association’s constitution to enable the merger process between Girl Guides NSW & ACT and Girl Guides NT at a special State Forum.
The motion was carried, which allows Guiding to continue for the girls and young women of the Northern Territory.
What happens next?
- A notice is placed in NT Government Gazette for 28 days.
- If there is no objection, it is a further two months for process to take place.
- Girl Guides NT will be wound up and the Associations will merge around the beginning of August.
- After the 28 day period of notice, our Association can start using the new logo previewed at the Forum, inclusive of NSW, ACT and NT.
- During the 28 day period if someone in NT objects, an appeal to the High Court of NT will need to be lodged.
Girl Guides NSW & ACT are really looking forward to working with Girl Guides NT to successfully complete this process and to work together to continue to provide access to Guiding for all girls.